Ciaté Mini Mani Month - Day 7


‘Cutie Pie’ was hidden behind door number 7 – a creamy, light pink. As with a lot of polishes this colour, the formula is pretty sheer and three or four coats are necessary to get a good colour pay-off, although with two well-applied coats, it gives a nice wash of colour. For me, the formula is too thin and dries too quickly, making it difficult to work with. I ended up with streaky nails after two coats and needed another (if not a fourth!) to even it out and make it opaque.

With 2 coats, you can see how streaky it is

 
3 coats and counting, still not opaque

























I already own a pretty close match to 'Cutie Pie' in Essie's 'Muchi, Muchi'. The two look slightly different in the bottle, with the Essie shade more of a flesh toned pink than the Ciaté colour. However, on the nail, they look pretty similar. I find the formula of 'Muchi, Muchi' so much easier to work with - opaque and streak-free in two coats, with a nice glossy finish which I think 'Cutie Pie' lacks. I can't really justify owning two such similar colours so I'll probably give the Ciaté shade to my sister. She likes to wear a French manicure so could use a single, well-applied coat as a base. For me however, my light pink needs are all met in 'Muchi, Muchi'.

2 coats of 'Muchi, Muchi'



Do you have a favourite light pink nail varnish?

2 comments:

  1. My "Go To" light pink color is OPI's Bubble Bath.

    I'll have to keep my eyes open for this shade you have on, Essie's Muchi, Muchi. It really complements your skin tone nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think 'Muchi, Muchi' is the perfect nude for me, I definitely recommend trying it.

      I've heard a lot of people talk about OPI's 'Bubble Bath' but have never tried it. It looks really pretty in swatches, slightly more pink than the above two colours and maybe a little more opaque.

      Delete